PQRI is the first Medicare program which will directly influence physicians towards value based purchasing (VBP). Value based purchasing is a key mechanism for Medicare to transform itself from being a passive payer to an active purchaser of healthcare by
linking payment more directly to performance.
Currently, Medicare Physician Fee Schedule is based on quantity and resources consumed. Soon, this will no longer be the case. Over the next several years, fees will be increasing based on quality and value.
Inside ABC’s of PQRI:
- Learning the Basics of PQRI
- The Big Picture: Value-Based Purchasing
- Engaging a Team
- Selecting Measures
- Coding on Performance Measures
- Collecting Payment and Performance Report
- Practice Exercise – Sample Case
- Next Steps by Physicians
PDF version Downloaded times